Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gluten Free Zucchini

When I found out I was Gluten intolerant I was mortified to think that my favorite summer-time treat would be banished from my diet . . . . well low & behold I have made a gluten free version ! ! ! !  YAY ! ! !

Gluten Free Zucchini Chips

  • 2-small to medium Zucchini
  • Rice Flour
  • Season salt
  • Pepper
  • water/milk
  • oil 
While the oil is heating (medium to medium high heat) mix the dry ingredients together in a zip-lock baggy.
Slice the Zucchini into 1/4 inch slices (I like mine a little "thick" if you like yours thinner, by all means slice them that way).
Place slices into water or milk (or mixture of both) to soak for just a few seconds.
Remove slices from liquid & place in bag (I only do about 10 slices at a time for a medium pan), ZIP bag almost closed, blow air into bag (like a balloon) finish zipping closed. 

Shake bag (I have never had a bag break, but be aware it may if shaken too hard with too much air) to cover slices in rice flour mixture.

Remove covered slices from bag & place carefully in pan of preheated oil.

Fry until golden brown, turning once (or until desired color)

Remove & "drain" on a paper towel covered plate. (I usually sprinkle with white salt right after removing from the oil - but that is optional)
Cool slightly & enjoy!!! :)

These are so yummy!!! And I have noticed that the rice flour doesn't burn like wheat flour does, leaving your oil cleaner & able to store & re-use for another day! (I store mine in an air tight container)

Enjoy your yummy New Beginnings!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! I'll go back and read it from the beginning. Check mine out!

    http://lindagoossen-grandmaspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Yea I've started a few blogs before but could never get enough interest from others to keep going....so I decided I was just going to blog things I found interesting or thought others would want to see! I hope you enjoy my blog!
      I have visited yours from time to time, when I see you've posted something on facebook about it.

      Delete