Thursday, April 9, 2020

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole

Cheesy Ham and Hashbrown Casserole

Oven Temp: 350*F
Cook Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
2 lbs frozen hashbrowns - thawed
2 cups cooked diced ham
3/4 cup melted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup onion
10 oz can cream of soup (or Homemade Cream Soup)
2 cups sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese - shredded

- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Transfer to a greased 9x13 inch baking dish
- Bake at 350*F for 60 minutes
- Serve

I really enjoy this recipe. Lots of easy "on hand" ingredients just thrown in a bowl in no particular order, mixed together and baked! It doesn't get much simpler! 

When I made this yesterday (April 8, 2020) I didn't have any pre-cooked ham, but I did have some frozen ham steaks in the freezer. So I started cooking dinner at 1:30pm *YIKES I KNOW* But all I did was pop the frozen ham steaks in the oven at 350*F for about an hour and 20 minutes. I then pulled them out and allowed them to cool on top of the stove. Once cooled, I diced the ham into small bite sized pieces. About quarter to half inch bites. 

The recipe calls for 2 cups of diced ham (as my picture shows), well I had 2 ham steaks already cooked up, so I diced up the other one as well for a total of 4 cups diced ham. 
While I was dicing the ham my oldest daughter, K, was shredding the cheese. 
Not just ANY ol' cheese, but the BEST flavored cheese I have found in our small town grocery store!  Tillamook Cheese is the BEST!!! I really wish our stores carried more of their products! I may be a slight cheese snob and I'm completely ok with that! 

Time to start throwing everything in a big bowl! Frozen hashbrowns first! I just add the ingredients as they are listed, so I don't miss any of them. 


 Don't forget to make your homemade cream soup! This is absolutely the best! I used the ham drippings as part of the stock needed for the recipe. It comes together really quick and makes anything calling for a can of cream of anything soup, taste SOOOO YUMMY!!!!!
 Dump it all in a baking dish, smooth it out and pop it in the oven for an hour! It looks so creamy and yummy already!!!!
 Once cooked, dish it out and enjoy! So good!!! I'll admit I had some of the leftovers for lunch today and it was just as delicious as it was last night!!!
Comfort food - Yummy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment